Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Paper Piece Your Home!

Just popping in to let you know that my friend Penny (who, after "knowing" her for over 5 years, I was finally able to meet in person at QuiltCon. Yay!) is celebrating the release of her gorgeous new book with a blog hop.  There are a whole whack of us bloggers all set up to make each of the incredible paper-pieced blocks from her book The Paper-Pieced Home. Something I already love about the book is that all of the foundation patterns come on an included DVD, so there's no destroying your book while you try to smush it flat on a photocopier/scanner!

I told Penny I don't foundation paper piece anything for just anyone! I'm going to try my had at the hilarious, yet sophisticated clawfoot tub, reminiscent of the one in the first house B and bought together.  Hilarious, because it is just about the last thing on earth I thought I'd ever paper-piece! It just goes to show you that a determined designer can make a pattern for anything (a frying egg in a cast iron pan! a sleeveless dress! a rotary phone!). You'll see just how talented Penny is if you follow along on this tour. Also, there are lots of books to be won so be sure to check out all the stops listed below.
Here's the schedule: 

3/16       McCall’s Quilting / Sewing Machine Block
3/17       Love of Quilting / Review
3/17       Sandi Sawa Hazlewood  of Crafty Planner / Watering Can Block
3/18       Quilty Pleasure (Quiltmaker blog) / Review
3/18       Imagine Gnats / Rotary Phone Block
3/20       Verykerryberry / Lion Block
3/21       Artisania / Cast-Iron Skillet Block
3/23       Where the Orchids Grow / Lamp Block
3/24       Katie Blakesley of Swim Bike Quilt / Layer Cake Block
3/24       House on Hill Road / Oven Mitt Block
3/24       Lee Heinrich of Freshly Pieced / BBQ Grill Block
3/26       Pink Penguin / Allie-Gator Block
3/26       A Happy Stitch / Giraffe Block
3/27       Bijou Lovely / Jar Block
3/27       Two Little Banshees / Saucepan Block
3/27       Charise Creates / Espresso Mug Block
3/30       Karen Lewis Textiles / Couch Block
3/31       Poppyprint / Clawfoot Tub Block
3/31       One Shabby Chick / Stack of Books Block
3/31       During Quiet Time / Sleeveless Dress Block

4/06       Pat Sloan The Voice of Quilting / Author Podcast Interview

3 comments:

Elsa said...

I've got it and have made the 'couch' as a pillow~ now I just need a new couch to put it on! Such a fab book!

Unknown said...

I've bought this book too and I can't wait to try some of the patterns out. I'm not really an expert paper piecer but I do like it and I especially like the results!!

Live a Colorful Life said...

I can hardly wait to see what you come up with. :)